Defender Ismael Kawawulo used his social media handles this afternoon today 14th .11.2020 to bid farewell to message to Jinja based side UPL club Busoga United FC a club he has spent three seasons. Kawawulo a soft left footed back was signed at Kirinya Jinja SS currently knowns as Busoga United FC by his former coach at MUBS Charles Ayiekho.
In his own words, Bugerere boy noted that he was grateful for the opportunity the club gave him to play in the top flight level in Ugandan football where everyone works hard to reach.
“Putting God first, today i bid farewell to the club Busoga United FC which has nurtured me in my career for the past seasons. This club gave me a chance to don the wonderful jersey and i represented with pride and always i gave in 100% whenever i was selected and i feel really proud to have shared my talent with the club.” He posted.
“To the management, technical team and teammates, thank you for the endless support. To the brave fans thanks a lot for the courage and cheers you always made the atmosphere terrific. To the wonderful moments we shared at the club with my teammates thanks a lot for the togetherness. I leave the club with sweet memories and i will always be part of the family in stands as a fan to cheer for the lads.” Kawawulo added.
In his final remarks, he didn’t reveal his next destination, but however, according to Times Uganda Sports reliable sources, he could be on his way to join his former coach Charles Ayiekho at FUFA Big league side Maroons FC.
- Kawawulo scored one goal with 5 assists in the season of 2018.
- Helped the team to finish in 9th position in the league table.
- Scored 1 goal and made 4 assists in the previous season of 2018-2019.
- He managed to score 1goal and made 6 assists in the season of 2019/2020.
- 2017(November) Man of the match in Busoga united vs maroons FC.
- 2019 Man of the match in game KJSS vs Nyamityobora FC.